Maintaining your air conditioner is important not only to conserve your appliance, but also to keep your health up to date, avoiding allergic, respiratory or skin reactions, as well as avoiding spending a lot of money on a clogged air conditioner, which wastes energy, but it doesn’t work as expected.
With that in mind, we’ll help you maintain your air conditioner, so you don’t run the risk of future problems. Check it out!
3 Types of Air Conditioning Maintenance in Burnaby
There are three main types of air conditioning maintenance, see which is the most suitable for your appliance:
Corrective air conditioning maintenance:
Corrective maintenance of the air conditioning is indicated when the equipment presents noticeable failures or wear. The big problem with this type of maintenance is that it shortens the device’s life cycle. Also, it may return to its initial failures some time afterwards. That’s why the ideal is always to invest in preventive and predictive maintenance of the equipment.
Preventive air conditioning maintenance:
Preventive maintenance is intended to correct defects before they manifest themselves or cause further damage. The great advantage of this maintenance is the fact that it can be scheduled, thus preventing you from being caught by surprise.
Predictive air conditioning maintenance:
Here, components are exchanged or checked before they become defective. This is done based on studies that determine the MTBF (Maximum Time Between Failures). If, for example, there is information about the useful life of the air conditioning filter, carrying out predictive maintenance means respecting the advertised period and changing the filter on the date indicated.
If you are in the Burnaby region and need help with maintaining your air conditioner, please talk to us – we can help you put together the best schedule to keep your unit running smoothly, cost-effectively.
How to Perform Preventive Maintenance on Air Conditioning in Burnaby?
There are different types of devices on the market. Among them, the most common ones are window and split air conditioning. The maintenance with both is very similar:
Energy consumption related maintenance:
* Keep the windows and curtains closed at all times when the device is on, this prevents the engine from being forced to work harder, as the entry of the sun or air masses with high temperature increases the temperature of the environment.
* Never switch from COOL to HEAT immediately or vice versa (always switch off and wait a few minutes if making this change).
* Avoid constant opening of doors and windows when the air conditioner is on.
Air conditioning maintenance:
* Never use the device without the air filter.
* Always use the proper power source, as recommended on product labels.
* Never use adapters, extensions to connect your product to the electrical network. In addition to causing damage to the device, it may cause a fire.
* Do not obstruct the air outlet.
* Frequently check the status of connections, flanges and other equipment fastenings. This helps to identify any flaws before more glaring signs start to appear.
* Check the appliance’s drain hose for clogging that could cause unwanted leaks.
* Also check the condition of the metal parts, making sure they are all insulated correctly.
Preventive Maintenance Schedule for Air Conditioning
Based on all that has been said, we’ve put together a short maintenance schedule so you can get organized and take care of your air conditioner properly. Just take a look:
* Cleaning the dust filter.
* Cleaning the drain hose;
* Cleaning the drainage tray;
* Verification of the fit of the fins.
Semi-annual maintenance (professional)
* Serpentine cleaning;
* Adjustment of the electrical cable contacts on the post;
* Cleaning the drainage system (if any);
* Review of the electrical cable contacts on the compressor;
* Revision of the temperature sensor (if any);
* Adjustment of the screws on the cabinet;
* Capacitor verification;
* Check the shims;
* Propeller and engine adjustment;
* Verification of need for fluid replacement.
Annual maintenance (professional)
* Checking the insulation of the existing piping between the units;
* Verification of the locking of the pipe;
* Verification of the need for filter replacement.
Air Conditioning Maintenance in Burnaby
In short, to keep your air conditioner working well, the best thing to do is to find a reputable Burnaby air conditioning service company in your area to help you. If you are in Burnaby, please contact us to request a free quote by clicking here. Our professionals are trained to carry out the installation, cleaning and maintenance of the devices. Because of that, they can also help you with advising on the proper care for your daily life according to your specific model.